Musings

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Pt. 5; Sculpture Gardens



With only a half hour left I decided to go directly to the Sculpture Gardens, my other favorite place where I usually sit on the grass and relax as I view the statues and see if they're in the mood to converse with me. On the way I cruised through the Rose Garden.
The Sculpture Garden was mostly sunny like most everywhere else today so I stayed in the shady side. The heat was again interferring with the mood/atmosphere so I strolled a little too quickly passed the sculptures, pausing at the fountain near the end. Would have loved to sit in the shade and write but I knew the place was closing any minute. There's always next time. Took the sunny route back to the main entrance and stopped in the museum store to cool off before getting into my hot car.
Instead of hanging out in Pasadena, all I cared about was to find a shady place for my car while I relaxed at a cafe with air conditioning. I prefer to support independent coffeehouses to chain establishments. Lucky for me, I found one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home