Musings

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Part 4; Japanese Gardens - Huntington Library/Gardens



Moved throught the Subtropical Gardens rather quickly, anxious to get to the Japanese Gardens -- one of my two favorite gardens to linger in. The entrance was marked by two lions and a narrow path over a stream through more bamboo trees. A steady winding climb in shade was welcomed.
I first came upon the Seven Meditation Stones where I usually take my time with each one but the sun pushed me forward in hopes of shade. The bonsai section was even sunner then onto the Zen Garden. There I sit for a while and write or create a mandala but today it was far too sunny. I hadn't seen too many other people who braved this heat like me, mostly couples with a stroller but the Japanese Gardens, especially the Zen was very busy. Walked through it more quickly than I thought I would but I was now on a mission to find that shade.
The next section was the Japanese house, simple and elegant. The views from there were by far the best of all the gardens, in my opinion. I took quite a few photos of the bridge, waterfalls, sculptures and fountain. Time was running out and the heat pushed me forward once again. I did stop at a shaded bench near a babbling stream to catch my breath and review the map for my next stop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home