Musings

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

last few days


These last few days left in Paris I find myself wanting to stop and sit for a moment or two to soak in the surroundings to keep me going until the next time I return. When I get up to leave, I get the feeling that I left something behind so I turn and check. Though nothing physical is there, I feel there is a piece of me that does remain.

I'm torn between LA and Paris. Is there a way of existing in two places at once? Take the door on the left and you're in traffic and life is fast, there are all these choices and this is where I want to write and make movies. It's easier here, a comfort factor. Most of my friends are here and in 4 hours by plane I can be with family. Then the door to the right shows me simplicity and elegance; a leisurely pace, immersed in history, inspired by just about everything, everywhere. There's a slight language barrier that can be crossed with practice. This is where my creative side shines like nowhere else. I want to write and draw, design jewelry, books, journals, etc. I feel free to take risks and show a part of myself that is harder to do elsewhere.

So tomorrow as I say au revoir, I will be glad for this time here and look forward to my return.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home