Musings

Thursday, October 21, 2004

back to every day life

8:30am Monday, I arrived to work with 300 e-mails, 10 pages of "TO DO"s from my boss, a dozen phone messages and the work I didn't get to before I left were waiting for me. By 10:30 I felt like I had put in a full day. My phone rang non-stop with "need it now"s and my boss welcoming me back with several more "to do"s to add to the pile. By 12:30 in spite of all the craziness, I realized how calm I was and unstressed I felt -- of course, owing it all to the amazing two weeks I had away from my every day life. About the same time, jet lag kicked in big time. At the end of the day, with the emergencies handled and the first 200 e-mails printed, I left work later than I wanted. Once home I sent myself to bed without dinner. When Thursday came around, I sent my boss off with his travel booklet to Pasadena for an afternoon of meetings then off to catch a flight for home the next morning (he lives in Virginia). Whew. Welcome back to the real world, Nancy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home