Musings

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Reflections

I can't tell you what this trip has meant to me. Having a dream come true can be hard to handle sometimes. At first you're waiting for something to go wrong to keep it from happening. Then the dream actually begins to take shape as reality and you're kind of in shock. This puts you in a not fully coherent position to enjoy the ride, so to speak. When you arrive, like a robot, you follow the other passengers to the baggage claim trying to get your brain to grasp the fact that it's actually happening and you need to figure out what to do next. But in a fog, straining to find the light, you blindly find your way ... somehow. For a good part of the trip, I had periods of feeling overwhelmed trying to squeeze in everything I planned that really could not fit in the time frame. Then I scolded myself for not enjoying what was happening when it was happening. But that wasn't so. Now I see that I did so much, I just didn't have time to reflect, I was too busy living it . . . and enjoying it. Now I can look back and know it was everything I hoped it would be and I'll just have to return to do the rest. Now it's time to build a new dream . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home