Musings

Tuesday, October 12, 2004

Today was the best so far...

I'm just now getting the hang of things and I must make the most of my last three days. Today I got up early to go to a non-tourist spot to meet for a cooking class. Took the right metro stops and arrived on time. Paule (our cooking instructor) first took us to the market to buy some of the ingredients for our meal. There were 6 of us -- all Americans. After the market, the wine shop for the perfect wine. The class was at her home which was at one time a jewelers workshop. We all worked together making all aspects of the meal -- mushrooms as appetizer, a cheese and leek pouch which was divine, a special bread (the call cake), chicken in an amazing sauce and for dessert - a fig tartine. Lots of fun and learning going on. I have pictures but will have to wait until I return home to post them . . . and others. Afterward I walked with a couple from class through an area I hoped to explore then on to St. Chapelle to see the gorgeous stained glass windows just as the sun was going down, shining through the windows that sparkled like jewels. Walked around the area and stopped at a fountain and began writing for the first time. It was starting to get dark so went on to a cafe across from St. Chapelle for a cafe au lait and continued to write until about 6:45 when I returned to St. Chapelle for an evening concert. It was a religious experience. I will grab a crepe on the St. Germain Blvd near here then walk on to the most famous cafe in all of Paris for a coffee and more writing (following in the footsteps of Hemingway and many other writers and artists. Tomorrow another early day for a tour of Van Gogh's last place of residence and burial site. We will lunch at the same cafe he did then go on to Giverny to see the real life inspirations for Monet's paintings. Life is good! Hope you are all well too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home