Musings

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Angers encore

Bonjour, I am finding it hard to write in English while trying to figure out how to speak French. It's been wonderful except for getting lost in the rental car for 3 hours. I gave up, returned the rental car and hired a taxi to take me to the chateau. Am having a wonderful time there. The cuisine is superb. Last night we shared the evening with the owner of the Cointreau Distilleries, The Cordon Bleu Cooking Schools and a large department store chain (forgot the name). She was quite charming and we had a lovely conversation in two languages as we sat by the fire and drank coffee. The owner of the chateau drove me into town today but I will return by bus. He loved the guest book I made and told me he needed a new one. He shows it to everyone and some of the guests have already signed it. In his library I found an old guest book and my name was in it from the last time I was there -- 7/17/90!!! It rained yesterday but walked around the chateau in the rain anyway -- heaven. Jet lag caught up with me in the afternoon so I slept for a few hours then worked on some small journals I am making for gifts to give while here. I will work on my script tonight before dinner. Today I will buy blue chocolates (quernons d'ardoise) for gifts, visit some museums and buy an umbrella (forgot to take one. Hope you are all well in the states. The gossip magazines say Jennifer Lopez is pregnant -- the news is everywhere. Have you heard it there? Au revoir for today . . . . . . .

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home