Musings

Sunday, October 10, 2004

a Paris

Today I took the Metro for the first time. I have been walking everywhere so I haven't done that much. Just came back from an all day tour of Versaille. Amazing. On the way here heard a street band playing the blues. I felt like I went back in time, the music was great. There is so much to do here I sometimes feel overwhelmed and don't know where to begin so I just start walking and see where it leads me. Took an evening cruise down the Seine last night which started at the Eiffel Tower. It was all lit up. Last time I only saw it in the day time. Also took an "Illuminations" tour afterwards throughout the city which helped to orient me better. I think I chose a great area to stay in. It seems to be close to everything. People sometimes ask me things in French and sometimes I can reply. Last time I gave this guy directions in French properly then he asked another question and instead of saying "I dont't know." I said "I don't like" (you, implied). Not surprising he looked at me funny and walked away. Must practice how to say "I don't know" before offending someone else!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home