Musings

Friday, September 19, 2008

Yep, it's that time ... again!

Greetings,

Yeah, I know, pretty much the only time I usually add a new blog is just before I leave for my annual trek to Paris and this is no exception. But after all, this blog was set up specifically for these trips so my family can check in and see how I'm doing.

Want to be able to call Mom but an international phone will cost $1.25 a minute plus monthly charges, plus the phone, which is way beyond my current budget. So I will be signing up for Skype instead and get voice mail since the apartment phone does not have that option. The reason for voice mail is that this year I have added workshops -- Introduction to Creating your own Healing Mandalas. Last year there was more interest in this workshop than the Planning a Tea Party Event so I decided to go where the interest takes me. The first one will be on Saturday, October 11th. I have more info on my website: www.paperarchitect.com

My very first blog here was about mandalas -- check it out!

Lots of preparations for it, materials, information, marketing and finding the right location to have the best experience.

I must stop the workshop preparations to begin packing and pulling together my travel information. I always plan out where I want to go, what I want to see, restaurants, shops, events that will be happening while I'm there so that I have some kind of direction to work from. Last year I was so busy before I left, I was finishing my packing while the shuttle waited outside. I made no plans and as a result, when I got to Paris, suffered from being overwhelmed and when there is so much to do and not even a basic plan, it can be paralyzing and then you do nothing. Trust me, there is far too much to do in Paris to just go there and think you'll figure it out. You will feel like you are pulled in too many directions all at once. It is such an exciting city. I am getting wound up just talking about it so I will close for now and get back to getting ready.

A tout a l'heure!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home